wild self newsletter-may 2011
the month of may will be a wild month with an array of ‘wild self’ teleconferences… consider joining us for these lively and thought-provoking discussions… gino dante borges, ph.d. will facilitate the discussions…
descriptions of the teleconferences and registration links are provided below… there is currently no charge for these teleconferences and they are scheduled for 45 minutes…
what people are saying about ‘wild self’ teleconferences:
“Hello Gino. I just wanted to say thank you for the tele-conference last week. As I embark on a major life change, our discussion about holding on to self trust, even in the midst of doubt or others negative statements, has raised my level of conscious awareness around this topic. I really appreciated the interactive nature of the call and it greatly aided in the learning!” — Tommy Faricy in Portland, OR
a special prize ($350 value) will be awarded to the wild selfer who registers the most friends for the may teleconferences (one prize awarded)….feel free to share on facebook or on your web site…
* also, be sure to check out the workshop ‘social entrepreneurship: how to craft and scale your socially-conscious venture’ with gino dante borges, ph.d. in fairfax, california on may 24th (see bottom of page for more details)
1) how to be an effective emcee (master of ceremonies)– a ‘wild self’ teleconference… tuesday, may 17, 2011 – 11:00am pt / 2:00pm et
‘joseph campbell taught me that ritual and ceremony need not to be thought of as dogma or repressive… sure, history shows how ritual and ceremony is routinely abused and used for nefarious purposes… all good things have the potential to go too far…
however, there are times where ritual and ceremony don’t go far enough like during the days we live today… we are so fragmented, both bodily and psychically… we starve for spaces/places that orient us… that help us attribute meaning to an existence that is pulled in so many directions…
ritual and ceremony are meaning-making tools, helping us transcend our individuation… helping us suspend the personal pronoun “I”… ritual and ceremony help us connect to community by connecting the dots that we all share’ — gino dante borges, ph.d.
2) how to hold onto your vision even in the midst of doubt — a ‘wild self’ teleconference… tuesday, may 17, 2011 – 12:15pm pt / 3:15pm et
’lots of people have extraordinary visions but are frequently misunderstood… this frustration arises among visionaries because we are rarely trained in the ‘realization of vision’… besides having the right attitude–i.e., looking for reasons why we can–we also need to understand that visions are realized to the extent we creatively connect them to the world we live in today, to where culture currently is… otherwise, we are considered crazy … are you ready to be understood?’ — gino dante borges, ph.d.
3) celebrating ralph waldo emerson’s 208th birthday–a ‘wild self’ teleconference… wednesday, may 25, 2011 – 5:00pm pt / 8:00pm et
‘ralph waldo emerson taught me that when faced with two decisions to pick the one you are most scared to do… if you pick the choice of least resistance, you postpone the inevitable message that is intended for you and you riddle your life with needless anxiety and stress… though initially awkward, digging into discomfort is the way to authentic, spiritual prosperity… this is the way of the wild self lifestyle’ — gino dante borges, ph.d.
4) ‘social entrepreneurship: how to craft and scale your socially-conscious venture’ workshop (offline) to be conducted by gino dante borges, ph.d.– tuesday, may 24th @ 6pm pt at the circle center hub in fairfax, california.
‘in this social entrepreneurship workshop, we will look at how social problems can be addressed through entrepreneurial principles… we will take your real-life project that you are currently working on (or dreaming about) and learn how to create, organize, and manage your ‘socially conscious’ venture through the lens of an entrepreneur’ – gino dante borges, ph.d.